So you’re a registered nurse getting ready to interview for a new job. Congratulations! Job interviews can be nerve-wracking, but as long as you’re prepared with the right questions and answers for the nursing manager, you should be fine. Job interviews can be nerve-wracking. Naturally, in preparation, most of your time is spent contemplating the questions you’ll be asked and how to respond in a way that highlights your strengths as a registered nurse.Hiring managers, though, consider more than just your resume bullet points and how well you respond to interview questions. They consider the questions you ask.
Asking questions not only helps you make an informed decision should you be offered the position, but it also shows the hiring manager you care how you’ll fit into their existing workplace structure and the value you’ll bring to the team.
In the past, your mind may have gone blank when the interviewer finished her spiel and asked, “So what questions do you have?” But this time, you’ll be prepared!
We’ve gathered a list of top 10 interview questions that can help RNs like you determine what kind of atmosphere you might be working in and what is expected of you at the new hospital or facility you’re applying to.
- 1. What are you looking for in a nurse?
- 2. What do you like best about working for this organization?
- 3. What are your core values, and what traits do you look for in your employees?
- 4. What is your management style?
- 5. What is the greatest challenge I may face in this position?
- 6. What is the work environment like here?
- 7. How long have most of the nurses on this unit been with the organization?
- 8. What is the specific patient population in this department?
- 9. What challenges is this facility/department facing and how can I help address them?
- 10. What is the next step in the hiring process?
Whether you’re looking for a travel nursing assignment or permanent placement, our dedicated recruiters will help you prepare for your job interview by providing you with background information about the facility you’re applying to as well as information about what the hiring manager is looking for in a new hire. We also assist with resume preparation and salary negotiation. All of these services are provided completely free to you as the candidate.
Are you ready to find a nursing career that allows you a better work/life balance, salary, and benefits? CoreMedical Group has job openings for RNs of all levels (staff, management, and executive) all across the U.S. We can help you find the job of your dreams.