So you’re a registered nurse getting ready to interview for a new job. Congratulations! Job interviews can be nerve-wracking, but as long as you’re prepared with the right questions and answers for the nursing manager, you should be fine.
Here are 10 interview questions that can help RNs determine what kind of atmosphere they might be working in and what is expected of them at the new hospital or facility they’re applying to.
- What are you looking for in a nurse?
- What do you like best about working for this organization?
- What are your core values, and what traits do you look for in your employees?
- What is your management style?
- What is the greatest challenge I would face in this position?
- What is the work environment like here?
- How long have most of the nurses on this unit been with the organization?
- What is the specific patient population in this department?
- What challenges is this facility/department facing and how can I help address them?
- What is the next step in the hiring process?
At CoreMedical Group, our dedicated permanent placement nursing recruiters will help you prepare for your job interview by providing you with background information about the facility you’re applying to as well as information about what the hiring manager is looking for in a new hire. We also assist with resume preparation and salary negotiation. All of these services are provided completely free to you, the candidate.
Are you ready to find a nursing career that allows you a better work/life balance, salary, and benefits? CoreMedical Group has permanent openings for RNs of all levels (staff, management, and executive) all across the U.S. We can help you find the job of your dreams. Contact us today!