CoreMedical Group partnered with the Pajama Program for our 2018 first quarter CoreCares charity initiative. Core launched a pajama and book drive to support our community of children in New Hampshire and Northern Massachusetts.
Founded by Genevieve Piturro in 2001, The Pajama Program is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with chapters in all 50 states. At the heart of the organization is their motto, Good Nights Are Good Days. Their mission is to provide underprivileged children with comfortable pajamas and bedtime stories.
According to their Good Night Bill of Rights:
- Every child has the right to a sense of stability and security.
- Every child has the right to feel loved and cared for at bedtime.
- Every child has the right to wear fresh, clean pajamas to bed and to enjoy a bedtime story that fires their imagination.
- Every child has the right to feel valued and validated as a human being.
- Every child has the right to a good night and a good day.
With the drive well underway, Core staff were divided into 6 groups and designated a range of pajama sizes and books for various reading levels. Sets were collected for children of all ages, from newborns to teenagers.
Through the Pajama Program drive and with CoreMedical Group's commitment to matching the staff's donations, we collected over $6,800 worth of pajamas and books (that's 430 sets of PJ's and books!) for kids in our community.